These criteria cannot be waived. These are minimum requirements and meeting them does not guarantee admittance.
- You must have successfully completed a four year bachelor’s degree with at least a B+ grade point average (or the equivalent) in the final year.
- If you are in the final stages of a bachelor’s degree you can still be considered. If your application is accepted you’ll be admitted on the condition that you complete your degree (meeting the minimum grade point) before registering in the eHealth program.
- If English is not your native language you must provide a TOEFL or IELTS score with your application. A minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 92 (580 or 237 is needed). The IELTS minimum is 7.0 total.
- You are exempt from this requirement if you have completed a university degree at a school where English was the language of instruction. (For universities outside North America, please provide a letter from the school confirming the language of instruction when you submit your transcript.)
- Remember that TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for 2 years.
If you don’t have a computer science background, you must complete 1 course in programming (any language such as C++, Java, Python, etc) by August 20, 2021. You may be given a conditional offer of admission in the meantime, which will be fully approved once you submit proof that you’ve taken these courses (i.e certificate).
The following courses are recommended and well suited to applicants who have no computer programming background.
MIT Open Courseware: Introduction to Computer Science and Programming. (programming language: Python)
Coursera: Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) and Python Data Structures.
Coursera: Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming (Programming using Scratch)
Udacity: CS101, Intro to Computer Science (Python)
Udacity: Intro to Programming Nanodegree – more extensive course
edX: CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science
It is best to consult with the Program Administrator, if you wish to take a course that is not on this list, to ensure they meet our expectations.
Here are some suggested resources if you’d like to learn more about the healthcare field
Start Your Application
The application portal for Fall 2022 will open July 2021.
Let us know if you have any questions along the way. We’re here to help.